When an entity is displayed in a tile that has other entities associated with it, you can unpack the entity and view all the attached entities in separate tiles.
What you should know
Entities that have two or more entities attached to them are called composite entities (for example, a door that has multiple cameras associated to it). If you are monitoring the door and an event occurs at the door, only the first camera is displayed because the multiple cameras are packed. If you unpack the door, you can view all the cameras in separate tiles.
- Select a tile that is displaying a composite entity.
- Beside the entity name in the tile toolbar, click .
From the drop-down menu, click one of the following:
- An attached camera (in the example, Main Entrance or Front Hallway).
- View all entities attached to the selected entity in separate tiles.
- Start cycling
- Rotate through the entities that are
attached to the composite entity within the tile. The
amount of time each entity is displayed can be configured from the
Options dialog box.NOTE: If there is a PTZ camera attached to the composite entity and you start controlling the PTZ, the cycling stops. You can click Start cycling again once you are done controlling the PTZ.
- To repack the tiles when you have finished viewing what you need to see, click Pack () in the upper-left corner of the tile.