If you see something worth noting, you can add a bookmark to the video you are viewing.
What you should know
- A bookmark is a short text that is used to mark a specific position in a recorded video sequence. Once created, you can use bookmarks to search for the video sequences that they pertain to.
- If a camera is not currently recording, adding a bookmark forces it to begin recording.
- If you add a bookmark to an exported video clip, the bookmark is only stored in the exported video clip and not the original archived video.
- In the camera widget, click Add a bookmark ().
(Optional) In the Add a bookmark dialog box, type a short text in the Message field.
The timestamp of the bookmark is fixed at the Time indicated in the dialog box.
(Optional) Protect the video sequence containing the bookmark against routine archive
cleanup as follows:
NOTE: You can only protect the video sequence if the bookmark is added to a local (non federated) camera.
- Select the Protect video from deletion option.
In the Protect archives dialog box, set the start time and end time of the video sequence to protect, and the duration.
By default, the protected sequence starts one minute before your bookmark and ends 4 minutes after. The default duration of the protection is 5 days.
- Click Protect.
If you did not select the Protect video from deletion option, click OK to add the bookmark, or click Cancel to exit without adding a bookmark.
Leaving the Message field blank does not cancel the action.