If the video you are monitoring is jittery or is dropping frames, use the rendering rate video statistic to determine whether the workstation is the cause. Rendering rate is the comparison of how fast the workstation renders a video with the speed the workstation receives that video from the network.
What you should know
- The speed the workstation processes the video, which indicates how much load is on the workstation's CPU and memory.
- The speed the network is sending the video to the workstation.
- Select the tile that is playing video.
Video stream statistics are displayed in the tile.
- Reduce the number of cameras you are monitoring to reduce the load on the workstation.
- Check the hardware requirements to make sure the workstation can handle the load.
- Check that the graphic card is up to date.
- Check that the network card is up to date.
- Ensure all drivers are up to date.
- Check the camera's firmware.
- Check the health of the network.