You can view and acknowledge the alarms from the Alarm monitoring task, and the Monitoring task.
To view and acknowledge alarms from the Monitoring task, you must enable alarm monitoring for that Monitoring task.
Before you begin
You only receive an alarm in Security Desk if you are a recipient of that alarm. Alarms are displayed in the canvas by order of their priority.
What you should know
NOTE: You might not have to acknowledge all the alarms that are triggered. Certain alarms are configured to be automatically acknowledged after a set amount of time.
- In the notification tray, double-click the Alarms () icon in the notification tray.
All new alarms are automatically listed the alarm list and the associated video is displayed in the canvas.
- To filter the alarm list, click the filter icon () and
select one or more of the following filters:
- Show all
- Display all alarms (no filter).
- Show active
- Show active alarms.
- Show under investigation
- Show alarms that are currently under investigation.
- Show acknowledgement required
- Show alarms where their source conditions are cleared but they must still be acknowledged.
- Show acknowledged
- Show acknowledged alarms.
- Double-click or drag an alarm from the alarm list to view the alarm video in a tile. The video is displayed with a colored overlay that provides the alarm details.
- Click one of the following:
- Acknowledge (Default) ()
- Acknowledge the alarm. The alarm is no longer active, and is removed from the canvas and the alarm list.NOTE: Certain alarms require you to report an incident when you acknowledge them.
- Acknowledge (Alternate) ()
- Set the alarm to the alternate acknowledged state. The reasons for using this acknowledgement type are defined by your company. For example, if a false alarm is triggered, you can acknowledge the alarm this way. This state can be used as a filter in alarm queries.
- Forcibly acknowledge ()
- Force the alarm to be acknowledged. This is helpful for clearing alarms that are currently under investigation and their acknowledgement condition is not yet cleared. You can only force acknowledge an alarm if you are logged on as an administrator.
- Forcibly acknowledge all alarms ()
- Force all the active alarms to be acknowledged. This is helpful for clearing alarms that are currently under investigation and their acknowledgement condition is not yet cleared. You can only force acknowledge alarms if you are logged on as an administrator.
- Snooze alarm ()
- Put the alarm to sleep for 30 seconds. When the alarm is snoozing, it is temporarily removed from the canvas. You can change the default snooze time from the Options dialog box.
- Investigate ()
- Investigate the alarm. This button is only available if an alarm is triggered that has an acknowledgement condition attached to it, and the condition is not yet cleared. This lets other users in the system know that you have seen the alarm.
- Show alarm procedure ()
- Show the alarm’s specific procedure (if one is defined by the administrator). Alarm procedures are simple to create and can take the form of HTML pages or a web application developed by the end user.
- Forward alarm ()
- Forward the alarm to another user in the system. Before forwarding the alarm, you must select a user, and you can also type a message.