You can view the number of vehicles parked in a parking zone, and the percentage of occupancy, using the Zone occupancy task.
What you should know
You can also use the Zone occupancy report to search for overtime rules and permit restrictions that occurred in a zone. For example, on a university campus or in an airport, you can find out the occupancy of a parking lot at certain times of the day. If the occupancy is always at full capacity during that time, the report can help you determine that you need more spots in your parking lot.
|Patroller configuration||Percentage of occupancy|
|University Parking Enforcement||Calculated using the specific zone selected in Genetec Patroller™, which corresponds to a single parking lot defined in an overtime rule or in a permit restriction.|
|City Parking Enforcement||
- From the home page, open the Zone occupancy task.
Set up the query filter for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a pre-defined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Hit rules
- Select the hit rules to include in the report.
- Overtime and permit restriction
- Both rules have parking lots configured and each parking lot can be defined in terms of a number of parking spaces. This allows the occupancy to be estimated when selecting these rules in Genetec Patroller™.
- Restrict the search to Genetec Patroller™ units (including all their fitted LPR units).
- Time range
- The time range for the report.
Click Generate report.
The results are listed in the report pane.
- View the statistics on the total number of vehicles in all the selected parking zones in the Statistics section.