To add new employees who must enter and exit secured areas using access cards, and to track their activities, you can create cardholders using the Cardholder management task.
Before you begin
- To add custom information to cardholders, create custom fields in Config Tool (see the Security Center Administrator Guide).
- If you require different groups of cardholders with different access rights, create cardholder groups in Config Tool (see the Security Center Administrator Guide).
- Open the Cardholder management task, and click Create new cardholder ().
- At the top of the dialog box, enter the cardholder’s first name, last name, and e-mail address.
- To assign a picture to the cardholder, click the silhouette
and select one of the following options:
- Load from file
- Select a picture from disk. All standard image formats are supported.
- Load from webcam
- Take a snapshot with your webcam. This option appears only if you have a webcam attached to your workstation.
- Load from camera
- Take a snapshot from a camera managed by Security Center. When you click Load from camera, a separate capture dialog box opens. Select the video source, and click Take snapshot ().
- Load from clipboard
- Load the picture copied to the clipboard. This option appears only if you used the Windows copy command to save a picture onto your clipboard.
- To edit the picture, click it to open the Image editor and use the editing options at the top of the editor’s dialog box.
In the Status section, set the following:
- Set the their status to Active or Inactive. For their credential to work, and for them have access to any area, their status must be Active.
- If their status is currently set to Inactive, set a date and time to activate their profile.
- Set an expiration for their profile:
- Never expires.
- Specific date
- Expires on a specific date and time.
- Set expiration on first use
- Expires after a specified number of days after the first use.
- When not used
- Expires when it has not been used for a specified number of days.
Assign a credential to the cardholder so they can access secured areas.
NOTE: You can assign a credential now or after all credentials have been enrolled in the system.
Assign the cardholder to a cardholder group.
NOTE: A cardholder can belong to more than one cardholder group.
- To assign the first cardholder group, click the Cardholder group drop-down list and select a cardholder group.
- To assign additional cardholder groups, click Advanced (), then click Add and item ( ). In the dialog box that appears, select the cardholder groups, and click OK.
- Enter the cardholder’s e-mail address.
- (Optional) If custom fields are defined for cardholders, such as department, phone numbers, and so on, enter the additional cardholder information.
(Optional) In the Advanced section, configure the following cardholder properties:
NOTE: Some of these properties can be inherited from the parent cardholder groups. When a specific value is configured for the cardholder, click Revert to inherited value () to inherit the property from the parent cardholder groups. If multiple parent groups exist, the most privileged value is inherited.
If the cardholder has been assigned a credential, grant access privileges to the cardholder:
- Use extended grant time
- Grants them more time to pass through doors where the Extended grant time parameter is configured for a door. Use this option for those with reduced mobility.
- Bypass antipassback rules
- Exempts them from all antipassback restrictions.
To learn more about configuring areas and doors using the extended grant time and antipassback rules, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- In the Security clearance field, enter the cardholder’s security clearance level. The security clearance level determines their access to areas when a threat level is set in Security Center. Level 0 is the highest clearance level, with the most privileges.
In the Entity name field, type a name for the cardholder entity, if you do not want to use the cardholder’s name.
By default, the Entity name uses the First name and Last name fields.
- In the Description field, type a description for the cardholder.
Assign the cardholder to a partition.
Partitions determine which Security Center users have access to this entity. Only accepted users of the partition can view or modify the cardholder.
- If the cardholder has been assigned a credential, grant access privileges to the cardholder:
- Click Save.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.