If you need many card credentials in your access control system, you can enroll multiple card credentials automatically by presenting them to a reader.
Before you begin
You must have access to a card reader. The cards you present must be from a predefined format in your system.
Make sure that this is the correct enrollment method you require.
What you should know
- In the Credential management task, click Batch enrollment.
tab, select a card
reader that is nearby.
Ensure the selected reader supports the card formats you have.
- In the Credential prefix section, type the pattern for the enrolled credential names.
section, set the status,
activation date, and expiration date for the credentials.
- All possible values are accepted.
- Can be Never, or a specific date.
- Set an expiration for the credential:
- The credential never expires.
- Specific date
- The credential expires on a specific date and time.
- Set expiration on first use
- The credential expires after a specified number of days after the first use.
- When not used
- The credential expires when it has not been used for a specified number of days.
section, select the
partition the enrolled credentials belong to.
This field determines which users can view and modify the credentials.
- To add a partition, click Add ().
- To remove a partition, select the partition, and then click Remove ().
- From the Badge template drop-down list, select the default badge template used to represent the credential.
set the default values for the custom fields.
Custom fields are only available if they have been created for credentials.
Present the cards on the selected reader.
All presented cards are listed in the Generated credentials section.
If some of the credentials are already enrolled, they are discarded, and marked as rejected in the list with a red button. If you present the same card twice, it is highlighted momentarily in the list.
For information on how you can encode a credential on your card before enrolling it, see Assigning credentials.
- To remove a discarded card from the list, select it and click .
- Click Enroll.