Whether you are viewing live or playback video in a tile, you can save the current video frame as an image file, and then organize and share all files using the Vault tool.
Before you begin
What you should know
- All snapshots are saved with the following naming convention: CameraName (Date Time).png. By default, snapshots are saved as PNG file in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Desk version#\Vault.
- When you export a snapshot, the system can include additional information (for example, camera name, creation date), which can be useful during incident investigation. The system only includes this information if an administrator enables additional properties for snapshots in your user settings. To view additional information, right-click a file in the Vault and select Show properties.
- If you plan to use the snapshot for incident investigation, note that only JPEG files include EXIF tags that provide chain of custody information.
- Select the tile that is displaying the video image you want to save as a snapshot.
Do one of the following:
- In the camera widget on the dashboard, click Save a snapshot ().
- Right-click in the tile, and click ().
A thumbnail preview is displayed in the upper-right corner of your Security Desk window for 2 seconds.
To open the Vault, from the home page, click
. Thumbnails of all snapshots are displayed in the Vault.
To edit a snapshot, do one of the
- Select the snapshot and click Edit ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Edit.
To print a snapshot, do one of the following:
- Select the snapshot and click Print ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Print.
To delete a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click Delete.
If you delete the snapshots, the image files are no longer available.
- To rename a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click Rename.