You can see how many cardholders and visitors are currently present in a selected area, and how long they have been there, using the Area presence report.
What you should know
For the report to be accurate, the selected area must be fully secured, meaning that people should not be allowed to enter or exit the area without swiping their card. Readers should be installed on both sides of a door (no REX’s), and cardholders must pass through the door one by one (no tailgating). Turnstiles are often used for this purpose.
- From the home page, open the Area presence task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose one or more of
the following filters:
- Select the areas to investigate.NOTE: You must select a fully secured area.
- Restrict the search to certain cardholders.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a pre-defined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Click Generate report.
The cardholders and visitors currently in the selected area are listed in the report pane.
- To show the corresponding video of an event in a tile,
double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
If the area is not associated to a URL or a map file through a tile plugin, the area icon is displayed.
- To control the areas, use the area widget.