At a glance, you can view a list of all the local and federated Security Center cameras that are part of your system and their settings, using the Camera configuration report.
What you should know
The Camera configuration report is helpful for comparing camera settings, and making sure that your cameras are configured properly according to your requirements. If the camera has multiple video streams or multiple streaming schedules set, each stream and schedule is displayed as a separate result item.
This report is not supported with Security Center 5.0-5.2 federated cameras or Omnicast™ federated cameras.
- Open the Camera configuration task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose one or more of
the following filters:
- Select the camera to investigate.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a pre-defined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
Click Generate report.
The following camera settings are listed in the report pane:
- Bit rate
- Bit rate setting for the camera.
- Camera name.
- Entity description.
- Edge transfer
- Whether the camera is configured for edge transfer or not (yes or no).
- Entity path
- List of all parent areas, starting from the system entity. If the camera has multiple parent areas, “*\” is shown as the path.
- Frame rate
- Frame rate setting for the camera.
- Image quality
- Image quality setting for the camera.
- Key frame interval
- Key frame interval setting for the camera.
- Logical ID
- Logical ID of the camera.
- Manufacturer of the unit.
- Multicast address
- Multicast address of the camera.
- Network setting
- Connection type used by the camera.
- Archiver that manages the camera.
- Connection port of the video unit.
- Product type
- Model or series of the video unit.
- Recording mode
- Recording settings for the camera.
- Resolution of the camera’s video stream.
- The video stream of the camera.
- Stream usage
- Purpose of the video stream (for live video, recordings, and so on).
- Streaming schedule
- Schedule when the camera streams video.
- Type of camera (fixed camera or PTZ camera).
To modify the settings of a camera, right-click an item in the
report pane, and then click Configure entity
() to jump
to that entity’s configuration page in Config
NOTE: You need the user privilege to modify entities to use this command.