At a certain point (for example, when the parking lot closes) you can assume that all parking sessions have ended and that any vehicles remaining in the parking zone have been issued tickets or must be towed. You can reset the occupancy count of a parking zone using a hot action.
What you should know
- In the Security Desk notification tray, click Hot actions ().
- In the Hot actions dialog box, click Edit.
- Click Add ().
- Enter a Name to appear in the hot actions list. For example, Reset West parking zone inventory.
- From the Action drop-down list, select Reset parking zone inventory.
From the Parking zone drop-down list, select the parking zone you want to reset.
The hot action is created, and the Hot actions dialog box closes.
- To open the Hot actions dialog box again, click Hot actions () in the notification tray.
- (Optional) Click Edit. If you have more than one hot action created, click or to move the selected hot action up or down the list. This changes the function key that the action is assigned to.
The hot action you created is listed with its assigned function key (F1, F2, and so on).
Trigger the hot action to reset the parking zone inventory in one of the following ways:
- Select the hot action, and then click Execute.
- Press CTRL+Fn.