If you cannot view playback video or video archives in Security Desk, you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
What you should know
If you do not have access to both Security Desk and Config Tool you will not be able to perform every troubleshooting step.
Try viewing live video from the camera on the same workstation, by dragging the
camera from the area view to a tile in the canvas in the Security
- If you can view live video, continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, then it is probably a network issue. See Video units are offline in Security Center.
Try viewing playback video from the
- In the Security Desk Archives task, select a camera.
- Search for video archives from the same camera at different dates and times, and then click Generate report.
- Once the report is generated, try to view video from the archives.
Repeat the steps with other cameras that are connected to the same
- If you can view the video from some of the video archives, continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, skip the next troubleshooting step.
Make sure the unit is supported by Security
Center, and that it is running the
For a list of video units supported by Security Center, see the Supported Devices List.
Try viewing playback video from the Archives task on
Desk, and on the server where the Archiver role is
- If you can view video, it might be a problem with the redirection from the Media Router to your Security Desk. Continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, contact technical support.
Make sure the correct ports are open on your network so there
is no firewall blocking the video stream.
For a list of default ports that are used in Security Center, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- If you still cannot view playback video, contact Genetec™ Technical Assistance.