You can find the video files used to store video archives from cameras, and view the properties of the video files (file name, start and end time, file size, protection status, and so on), using the Archive storage details report. You can also change the protection status of the video files.
- From the home page, open the Archive storage details task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the
- Select the camera to investigate.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a pre-defined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period of time or for global units of time such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Media type
Select the type of media your are looking for:
- Files that contain video recordings.
- Files that contain audio recordings.
- Files that contain metadata, such as overlays.
- Origin type
Refine your search by selecting the origin of the files:
- Downloaded from the unit's internal storage
- Files created by the camera, downloaded from it by an Archiver, and currently stored on the Archiver's disk.
- Duplicated from another Archiver
- Files created by an Archiver and transferred to another one.
- On the unit's internal storage
- Files created by the camera and currently stored on it.
- Recorded by the Archiver
- Files created and currently stored by an Archiver.
- Restored from a backup
- Files restored from an offline backup set; that is, a backup file containing archives that were not accessible from Security Center prior to restoring them.
- The name of the system the camera belongs to.
Select the video file status you want to investigate:
- Video files that are not protected against the Archiver’s routine cleanup. These files can be deleted once their retention period expires, or when the Archiver runs out of disk space, depending on your Archiver role settings.
- Protection ending
- Video files that you unprotected less than 24 hours ago.
- Video files that are protected. They are not deleted even when the disk is full. For these files, you can also specify a protection end date.
Click Generate report.
The video files associated with the selected cameras are listed in the report pane, along with their file properties.
- To view a video sequence in a tile, double-click or drag
a video file from the report pane to the canvas.
The selected sequence immediately starts playing.
After you finish
- To export a video archive, select the item in the report pane, and then click Export video ().
- To remove a video file from the database, select the item in the report pane, and then click Delete ().
- To protect a video archive from automatic deletion, select the item in the report pane, and then click Protect ().