What happened to Security Center Mobile 4.x?
The legacy Security Center (GSC) Mobile 4.x solution has been replaced by Security Center Web Client and Genetec™ Mobile app 5.x.
Here is an outline to help you understand the evolution of our mobile solutions.
Security Center 5.6 and 5.7
- Web Client 5.x is released in 5.6 GA, hosted by the new Web Server role in Security Center.
- Mobile Server 4.x can still be on the same computer as the Web Server role, however, Mobile Server 4.x runs independently and cannot connect to the Web Server role.
- Web Client 4.x and Web Client 5.x applications can run on the same computer but they do not interact.
- The Security Center Threat Level app is released in 5.7 GA, compatible with Security Center Mobile 4.1 SR4 and later 4.x versions.
Security Center 5.8
- The legacy Security Center Mobile 4.x is no longer supported in Security Center 5.8 GA and later.
- Genetec™ Mobile app 5.x is released in 5.8 GA, hosted by the new Mobile Server role in Security Center.
- The Genetec™ Mobile app replaces all
previous Genetec™ mobile apps:
- GSC Mobile (later renamed to Security Center Legacy)
- Mobile app 4.x for Android and Apple devices.
- SC Mobile Preview
- Mobile app 4.x for Windows devices.
- Security Center Threat Level
- Security Center Threat Level app that was released in Security Center Mobile 4.1 SR4.
- Genetec™ Security Center app
- Mobile app that succeeded Mobile app 4.x.
- Security Center Web Client 5.x officially replaces the Web Client 4.x.
If you have Security Center 5.8 or later and want to start using our new mobile solutions, see Moving from Security Center Mobile 4.x to Web Client and Genetec™ Mobile 5.x.