The first time you start your Streamvault™ appliance, you must change both the Admin and Operator user default passwords. You can then log on as either an Operator or Admin user.
What you should know
- If you want to change the configuration of the appliance, you must log on as the
Admin user so that you can use SV
To learn what access rights the Operator and Admin accounts have, see Default user accounts on a Streamvault™ appliance.
- Power on the appliance.
- Enter the Admin username and default password.
Create a new Admin password.
IMPORTANT: Passwords must meet the following requirements:
You are logged in as an Admin user.NOTE: Some models have only the Admin account by default.
- Minimum of 10 characters
- User account name or full name not included
- At least three characters from the following four categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (such as $, %, !)
- Log out from the Admin user.
- Enter the Operator username and default password.
Create a new Operator password.
You are logged in as an Operator user.
- Continue with Operator session, or log out and log back in as an Admin user.
- Open the SV Control Panel to launch the initial setup.