Before you can restrict access to an area, you must create and configure the Synergis™ Periodic Access Solution macro to run in Security Center, using the provided CS file.
What you should know
- Download the Synergis™ Periodic Access Solution macros, using the following URL:
- Unzip the file to a location accessible by your Security Center client.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Macros view.
- Click Macro (), and enter a name for the macro.
On the Properties page, click Import from
file, navigate to the
Periodic Access Solution Macro.cs file for your
- For Security Center 5.7 SR2 to 5.7 SR6, use Synergis Periodic Access Solution Macro 5_7.cs
- For Security Center 5.8 to 5.9, use Synergis Periodic Access Solution Macro.cs
The contents of the file are displayed on the Properties page of the macro.
- Click Apply.
On the Default execution context page, configure the
- The duration in minutes for which cardholders are denied access after they badge into the area.
- The cardholder group for which access is restricted.NOTE: Only cardholders that are direct members of the selected cardholder group are restricted access. Cardholders in sub-groups of the selected cardholder group still have access.
- The area to which access is restricted. If the area has multiple doors, after a cardholder badges onto one of the doors, the cardholder is denied entry through all the perimeter doors of the area for the configured duration.
- The partition in which the temporary access rules are created.
- Click Apply.
- Click Run macros.
- All cardholders
- Inventory room 1
- Partition A
John Smith cannot access Inventory room 1 for the next 60 minutes.