[KBA-01322] How to perform a complete uninstall of Security Center 5.2
This article explains how to completely uninstall Security Center 5.2 from a computer.
If you need to remove Security Center 5.2 from your system, including all data, settings, and video, before re-installing it, follow the instructions below.
Uninstalling Security Center 5.2
- Backup the Directory database in Server Admin ( ).
- Backup the other role databases in Config Tool ( . Alternatively, instead of Resources, use Properties).
- Close all Security Center applications, such as Security Desk, Config Tool, and Server Admin.
- Run services.msc in Windows and stop the Genetec™ Server service.
- In the Windows Control Panel's Programs and Features section, uninstall Security Center 5.2.
- (Optional: Do not do if you want to keep database information, including video archives) Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) to remove the SQL database instance, if required.
- In the Windows Registry, export the following keys as a backup. Then, delete
- 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Genetec
- 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Genetec
- Optional: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Genetec
- If you want, make a backup of the install folders by copying them. Then, delete
the install folders:
- 32 bit systems:
- C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.2
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\DVR Software 5.2
- 64 bit systems:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.2
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DVR Software 5.2
- All systems:
- C:\ProgramData\DVR Software 5.2
- C:\ProgramData\Genetec Security Center 5.2
- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Genetec Inc
- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Genetec Security Center 5.2
- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage\NOTE: Other applications might use the Isolated Storage folder.
- 32 bit systems:
- (Optional: If you kept the Archiver database, do not do this step to keep the video archives) Delete the g64 files created by the Archiver. The g64 files are found in the path specified in the Archiver's Resources tab in Config Tool.