Resetting your password for Server Admin in Security Center
If you forgot the Server Admin password in Security Center, you can reset the password by clearing the password and then setting a new one.
What you should know
- On the server, open Windows Explorer.
Go to the folder:
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles
Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\ConfigurationFiles
- Open the file GenetecServer.gconfig in Notepad.
- Find the section beginning with <genetecServer.
- In this section, find the line beginning with <password.
Edit the line as follows:
<password password="" encrypted="false" />
Save and close the file.
The password has been cleared. You can open Server Admin without a password.
To set a new Server Admin password, do the following:
- Log on to Server Admin.
- Click the Genetec Server tab.
- In the Authentication section, enter a new password in the Password field.
- Click Apply.