If privacy protection is not working for some cameras in Security Center, you can troubleshoot the issue.
What you should know
- Because of the intensive CPU requirements of privacy protection, a single Privacy Protector™ server might struggle with only a few high definition streams.
- Privacy protection is only supported when used with native cameras. Privacy protection cannot be enabled on federated cameras or DVRs. Body-worn cameras are not supported.
Verify that the unit is supported by Security
Center, and that it is running the certified
For a list of video units supported by Security Center, see our Supported Device List.
- Confirm that there are no known issues or limitations related to privacy protection for you camera in the Security Center Release Notes.
- Confirm that the privacy protection settings are configured properly for the camera.
To maximize the number of streams a single server can process, do the following:
- Use an Intel CPU core that supports Quicksync Technology for more efficient encoding.
- Try to limit the frame rate and resolution of original video streams (camera configuration).
- Use a high performance workstation.