Before you can monitor KiwiVision™ video analytics in Security Desk, you must apply video analytics scenarios to your cameras.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have enough licenses available for the scenarios you want to add.
- Ensure that the video units for which you want to set up KiwiVision™ video analytics are available in Config Tool.
- If privacy protection is enabled on the camera, the user must have the Remove privacy protection privilege to configure KiwiVision™ video analytics.
What you should know
Instead of exporting a video clip, you can also record the camera and jump back in the timeline.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- From the area view, select a camera onto which you want to apply the analytics scenario.
a category of analytics:
- Click .
- Click .
Choose an analytics scenario:
- Click the type of analytics scenario you want to add.
- Add an analytics scenario by importing an existing configuration.
(Optional) Switch Advanced mode to
ON to display additional settings.
NOTE: Advanced mode is only available for intrusion detection and object detection scenarios. When Advanced mode is disabled, the advanced settings you configured are hidden, but remain active.
From the Stream menu, select the stream that you want
the analytics to be applied to:
Tip: If your camera uses HD or Full HD for the Live or Recording streams, consider using a different stream for analytics to minimize the load on the KiwiVision™ video analytics modules.
- High resolution
- Low resolution
Higher resolution streams require significantly more resources. In most cases, VGA resolution is sufficient for video analytics deployments. VGA resolution is always recommended unless there is a specific reason to use a higher resolution.
- Click Apply.