To ensure that your KiwiVision™ system performs as expected, the following hardware and software components are required.
Due to typically high performance requirements, using virtual machines is not recommended.
Security video analytics and People Counter modules
- The KiwiVision™ video analytics plugin must be installed on a server and on client
workstations that run a
operating system, and meet the recommended hardware
specifications, as described in the Security
requirements.NOTE: A 32-bit operating system is sufficient for client workstations that only run Security Desk.
- Every server running a KiwiVision™ Manager, KiwiVision™ Analyzer, or Config
Tool with which you want to
configure analytics requires an AVX compatible processor.NOTE: An AVX compatible processor is not required for workstations that only run Security Desk.
Camera Integrity Monitor and Privacy Protector™ modules
Refer to the Security Center system requirements.
- For all KiwiVision™ modules
- Use the KiwiVision™ Hardware Calculator to help you calculate the number of machines required for your KiwiVision™ deployment based on the number of cameras you want to have, and the type of analytics you want to perform.
- For KiwiVision™ video analytics
- Use the KiwiVision™ Camera Requirements
Calculator to help you with the following:
- Calculate the maximum distance objects can be from the camera and still be detected to determine how many cameras you require to cover the area you want monitored
- Verify whether your existing camera setup needs to be modified to meet the camera requirements for your KiwiVision™ deployment