The people counting Occupancy widget displays the number of people currently in an area.
Before you begin
- Create a dashboard in Security Desk.
- Add the people counting Occupancy widget to the dashboard.
What you should know
- If the occupancy is reset while people are still present in the area, the occupancy number can become negative.
- Security Desk dashboard widgets only apply to the People counting scenario included in the KiwiVision™ People Counter module.
- For information about general dashboard configuration, see Creating a dashboard.
- From the Security Desk dashboard, click Edit dashboard.
Select the people counting widget that you want to configure.
The widget-specific options are displayed.
- In the widget-specific options, click Add cameras ().
- In the dialog box that opens, select one or more cameras that you applied a People counting scenario to, and then click OK.
(Optional) Select the Invert check box to flip the
configured counting directions of a camera.
Use this option if a camera is used as an entry and exit point for two rooms at the same time.If the camera is placed above a door that separates two rooms, the In side can be interpreted as Out, depending on which room you consider as the starting point.
Configure the following widget options:
- Reset interval
- The occupancy count is reset either Daily, Hourly, or Weekly. This interval updates the last reset and next reset time of the occupancy count. The widget is updated to show the occupancy count starting from the last reset.
- Reset time
- The time of the reset.
- Reset day
- The day of the reset if the Reset interval is set to occur Weekly.
(Optional) Click Add conditional formatting rule, and
then configure the rule for the color of the widget to change when the occupancy
count fits the conditions of the rule.
You can configure the widget to turn red when the number of people detected exceeds the maximum capacity of a room.
- Click Done.