If you use Aperio-enabled locks with an AH40 hub, you must configure the hub using the Aperio Programming Application (APA) before you can enroll the locks on your Synergis™ unit.
Ensure that you have the following:
Before you begin
- Aperio Online Programming Application Manual.
- Aperio Programming Application (APA).
- USB dongle.
- TriBee Bootloader. Includes the USB dongle driver.
- Supported firmwares
- Computer for running the APA.
- A card that is compatible with the reader
- Power on the hub.
Plug the USB dongle into your computer and install the following:
- TriBee Bootloader (driver for the USB dongle)
- Aperio Programming Application (APA)
Use APA to configure the hub:
Update the firmware on the hub and the locks.
Check the supported firmware list before updating the firmware.Best Practice: Always upgrade the communication hub before upgrading the locks or sensors.
Pair the hub with the readers.
Selecting the AH40 in APA will automatically pair the hub with the readers.NOTE: Take note of the port number. You will need it to enroll the hub in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
- Specify the IP address of the Synergis™ unit as the ACU address.
- Update the firmware on the hub and the locks.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select Aperio IP as the Hardware type, and enter the port number of the hub in the Port field.
- Click Save.
Click Edit () on the Aperio IP interface.
The configuration dialog box of the channel opens.
In the configuration dialog box, select the Enroll check box for
the hub you want to enroll.
NOTE: If you have configured more than one AH40 hub on the same port, all connected hubs and their MAC addresses will be listed.
The locks connected to the enrolled AH40 hub appear in the hardware tree and turn green. This can take up to 2 minutes.