For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with the SharpV camera, you must enroll the camera on the Synergis™ unit in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Configure the SharpV camera to use HTTPS communication. For more information, see the Deployment Guide or Handbook for the camera you are installing.
- Install either the Genetec™ self-signed certificate or a signed certificate from a trusted certificate authority.
- If you are enrolling a SharpV camera, log on to the SharpV web portal and change the default password.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task.
- Click Roles and units, and then click the Synergis™ unit ().
- Click the unit's Portal tab, then log onto the Synergis™ unit.
- Click Hardware, then click Add ().
- From the Hardware type list, select AutoVu.
Enter a Channel name of your choice.
The channel name you enter will appear in the camera name in the Peripherals tab.
- Enter the IP address of the camera.
Enter the HTTP port of the camera.
The SharpV uses Port 443 for HTTPS communication with Security Center
- From the Interface module type list, select SharpV.
Enter the Username and Password used to
access the SharpV web portal.
NOTE: For SharpV cameras, you cannot use the default password.
Click Add, then Save.
- Click the enrolled AutoVu™ camera, then click its channel and interface.
- If you are using the SharpV outputs to control a vehicle access barrier, select whether the outputs are Normally open or Normally closed.
- Leave the HTTPS public key field empty. This information is added automatically based on the camera's certificate.
The Allow partial matches check box is selected by default. This
feature accepts plate reads that have one-character difference from a configured license
plate credential; this includes a single character insertion, deletion, or substitution,
at any place in the plate number. With this feature enabled, plate reads from dirty or
damaged license plates are more likely to be accepted.
- The SharpV camera is displayed in the Peripherals tab.
- The inputs and outputs are displayed under the SharpV camera.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.