For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with the IP locks connected to it, you must pair them together in the Synergis™ Appliance Portal using the lock pairing mode, and then complete the locks configuration in Config Tool.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- Select Assa Abloy IP.
(Optional) In the Timeout field, select how long to activate
the lock pairing mode for. New IP lock connections are only paired for the amount of
time you specify.
NOTE: Back up the Synergis™ unit's configuration file in case you need to replace the unit at some point, especially if you have many Wi-Fi locks, since they take longer to re-enroll.
- (Optional if you're using a port other than the default, 2571) In the ports dialog box, type the port numbers of the communication ports you configured on the IP locks, and click Add.
(Optional) If you want the IP locks to be added as they are discovered, do the
Select the Add locks upon discovery option.
IMPORTANT: When this option is selected, the Synergis™ unit reconnects to the Access Manager after each group of IP locks is added. This option is only recommended if you must start configuring the IP locks before the pairing mode is complete.
- From the Delay before adding locks option, select how many seconds must pass before the previously discovered locks are added.
- Select the Add locks upon discovery option.
IMPORTANT: For WiFi locks, press the COM or Reset button inside the back panel of the lock to trigger a connection to the Synergis™ unit.The IP locks are detected and added to the table.
If you have problems pairing the lock to the Synergis™ unit, test the connection between your IP lock and the unit.
Do one of the following:
NOTE: If the Add locks upon discovery option is selected, some locks might have already been added.
- To stop the lock pairing mode and add the discovered locks, click Stop and save.
- To cancel the lock pairing mode, click Cancel.
- Wait until the lock pairing mode times out.
The IP locks that were added appear in the hardware configuration page. Select a lock; the unit type, serial number, and lock firmware of the selected IP lock are displayed under Properties.
If no information is displayed under Properties, refresh the
For WiFi locks, it can take up to two minutes before the information is displayed under Properties. WiFi locks appear in red in the hardware tree because they are not in constant communication with the Synergis™ unit.
- For PoE locks: Under Properties, make sure that Radio wakeup is set to Always on so that Access granted events are never missed in Security Desk, and set Battery check setting to Off.
For WiFi locks: Under Properties, make sure that
Radio wakeup is set to Daily,
and enter the time of day (Hour and
Minute) when it should occur.
Select Local time if you want the radio wakeup time to follow the time zone of the Synergis™ unit. If you do not select this option, the default is UTC.
Change other lock settings as you see fit.
- If encryption is enabled through LCT, select and edit the Assa Abloy IP channel and enter the AESkey (32-character hexadecimal string) configured on your lock.
- Click Save.