[KBA-00011] How to install a Smartsight unit outside a firewall in Omnicast™
This article explains how to install a Verint Smartsight S1500 or S1000 unit outside a firewall in Omnicast™.
The procedure applies to the following network configuration:[Server] ---- [firewall-router] ---- [Unit]
To install a Verint Smartsight S1500 or S1000 unit:
- Do the following on the firewall:
- Open the incoming port 5510-TCP of the firewall-router.
- Open the range of incoming ports 15000-UDP to 16000-UDP of firewall-router.
- On the Smartsight unit, configure the following VSIP settings using the CLI (
- VSIP port
- VSIP monitoring port
- Discovery IP
- IP address of the Archiver
- TCP State
- Discovery TCP State
- If the unit is visible from the Configuration Tool or the Monitor but the video is not visible, it means that the port 5510 was successfully configured on the router-firewall but not the UDP ports.
- If you are using Network Address Translation on the router, make sure the ports are properly redirected to the Archiver.