[KBA-01324] AXIS T8311 joystick does not appear in Security Desk joystick list
This article explains why an Axis T8311 joystick might not be displayed in the Peripherals section of Security Desk.
After plugging an AXIS T8311 joystick into your Windows computer, the joystick is not displayed in the drop-down list in.
To ensure the joystick is displayed in the Security Desk joystick list:
- Verify that Windows detects the joystick by going to
. Choose the appropriate option depending on your situation:
- If the AXIS T8311 joystick is displayed in the list, calibrate the joystick.
- If the AXIS T8311 joystick is not displayed in the list or fails to calibrate, plug the joystick into another USB port on the workstation.
- If none of the USB ports detect the joystick, ensure all USB drivers are up to date.
- From the Windows Start menu, run DxDiag.exe to display the current DirectX version installed. If DirectX is not installed, install it.
- Ensure the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed
Code folder is present. If the folder is missing:
- Find the Security Center installation package (for example, Security_Center_v_5_2_SR4_b1164_77_Full).
- Go to the folder Security_Center_v_5_2_SR4_b1164_77_Full\Full\ISSetupPrerequisites\DirectX End-User Runtimes
- Run the DXSETUP.exe file to create the folder.
- Ensure the files are now present:
- 32-bit machine: C:\Windows\System32\D3DX9_43.dll
- 64-bit machine: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_43.dll
- Log on to Security Desk and go to to see the joystick from the drop-down list.