[KBA-79006] Changes to Axis P7701 decoders after upgrading to Security Center 5.7 SR5 or later
This article explains why Axis P7701 decoders might stop displaying video after upgrading to Security Center 5.7 SR5 or later, or why you might not be able to add Axis P7701 decoders.
Applies to: Security Center 5.7 and later
- Axis P7701 decoders that were already added in Security Center and are using default video stream settings no longer display video.
- Axis P7701 decoders cannot be added in Security Center using HTTP protocol.
Axis updated their security features and Axis P7701 decoders must use HTTPS protocol.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the Archiver role that will manage the unit, and click .
- Set the Refuse basic authentication option to OFF.
- In the Advanced security settings section, configure
the following options:
- For the Archiver to accept self-signed certificates, set the Allow unknown certificate authority option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept non-server certificates, set the Allow non-server certificates option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept certificates that do not have the IP address or hostname of the unit entered as the Subject name and Alternative name, set the Allow certificates with invalid subject name option to ON.
- For the Archiver to accept expired certificates, set the Allow certificates with invalid date option to ON.
For more information, see Configuring HTTPS for video unit extensions.
- In the web page of the Axis P7701 decoder, verify the Video Source
settings, such as the Transport method and the
Video type options.
- Do one of the following:
- If the decoder is not yet added in Security Center, add the unit and make sure the Use HTTPS option is set to ON.
- If the decoder is already added in your system:
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the unit.
- Make sure the Use HTTPS setting is selected in the Properties tab.
- Configure the HTTPS Port (default is 443) and click Apply.
- Configure the H.264 video stream settings for the camera connected to the decoder:
NOTE: The MJPEG video stream can use the Baseline or Main profile.
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the camera.
- Click the Video tab, and then click the H.264 video stream tab.
- From the Profile drop-down list, select
Baseline and click
The camera should now display video. To verify that the settings have been pushed to the camera, you can check its web page.