[KBA-77821] Error message "SSL handshake aborted" when trying to connect to Mobile Server 3.0 to 4.1 using Android devices
This article explains how to resolve SSL handshake aborted errors when connecting to Security Center Mobile Server 3.0 - 4.1 using the Mobile app on an Android device.
SSL handshake aborted: ssl:0xb4888200: I/O error during system call, Connection reset by peer
The SSL certificate is corrupted or missing so the SSL handshake is canceled.
- On the server hosting the Mobile Server, open the Genetec™ Security Center Mobile Admin by going to https://localhost/GSCMobileAdmin in a browser window.
- Go to the SSL Certificate Configuration
- If you see Genetec™ Mobile Test Certificate, delete it and re-create it. If the certificate is not there, go to step 5.
- To delete the Genetec™ Mobile
- Open the Certificate Manager. To do this, on your local computer, go to and enter the following command: certlm.msc
- In the left pane, expand the folder Personal and click Certificates.
- In the center pane, select Genetec™ Mobile Test Certificate and delete it.
- Open the Services console. To do this, go to and enter the following command: services.msc
- Restart the Genetec™ Security Center Mobile Server service.
- On the Genetec™
Center Mobile Admin page
(see step 1), re-open or refresh the SSL Certificate
The test certificate has now been removed. If the certificate is still listed, repeat step 4. If the certificate is not listed, click Generate test certificate.
- After the test certificate has been re-created, select it from the list and click Apply.
You can now connect to Mobile Server 3.0 - 4.1 using the Mobile app on your Android device.