With each release, new features, enhancements, or resolved issues are added to the product.
Incident management enhancementsThe incident management experience has been enriched through the following features.
- Managing workloads through profiles
- When you have a large pool of incidents to monitor, shared by multiple groups of operators, the distribution of responsibilities among the operators can easily become a nightmare. You can now divide the incidents into smaller pools called profiles, and assign them to different groups of operators, so each group only needs to focus on a small number of incidents, while allowing the groups to take up each other's workload whenever one of them has a shortfall. For more information, see About Genetec Mission Control™ profiles.
- Incident monitoring enhancements
- The following features have been added to the Incident
- Option to change the display font size in the incident details panel (click Security Desk must be restarted for the change to take effect. ).
- Option (Ctrl+A to enable) to view the Location list as an area view or a flat list in the Trigger incident dialog box.
- Ability to attach documents (as URL links) to incidents. For more information, see Attaching documents to incidents.
- A warning message is displayed when an incident is resolved with an active reminder.
- Animated incident icon in the notification tray.
- Incident reporting enhancements
- The behavior of the Incident report task is now consistent with the Incident monitoring task. Both tasks use the same criteria (user privileges, configured incident recipients, partitions, and assigned profiles) to determine what a user can see and do. In addition, the Modify reported incidents privilege (under Task privileges) is required to modify incidents from the Incident report task.
Incident configuration enhancementsThe Incident configuration task has been enhanced to provide a better user experience.
- Enhanced task workspace
- The incident type Properties page has been divided into three: Identity, Properties, and Recipients, making it easier for you to manage large numbers of incident types. For more information, see Configuring incident types for Genetec Mission Control™.
- Incident configuration copy functions
- You can now save precious configuration time by copying, in part or in full, incident type configurations. For more information, see Copying incident configurations.
- Testing mode
- You can now set an incident type to Testing mode while you are experimenting with different configurations. Only designated testers (users with the Monitor incidents set to Testing mode privilege can see those incidents). For more information, see Deactivating incident types and categories.
- SOP editor enhancements
- Many enhancements have gone into the dynamic SOP editor:
- Selectable standard step options, such as Done and Yes/No.
- Ability to make copies of an existing step (copy and paste).
- Larger drawing area: scroll bars become available when the diagram does not fit the display area.
For an overview of what Genetec Mission Control™ can do for your organization, view our product description web page.