[KBA-00941] “Unknown credential” message when using an RF IDeas USB reader
This article explains why you might receive an Unknown credential message when using an RF IDeas USB reader to enroll or search for credentials.
Applies to: Security Center 5.2 - 5.7
When you use an RF IDeas USB reader to enroll a credential in Config Tool or Security Desk, the credential is displayed as an Unknown credential, even if the system is using a custom card format. This issue also occurs when you search for a credential using an RF Ideas USB reader, even if the credential is already enrolled.
There is a communication issue between Security Center and RF IDeas USB readers.
- Download and install the PcProx software from the RF IDeas website.
- Connect the reader to a USB port.
- Click .
- Configure the following Data format settings for your
configuration:IMPORTANT: If your reader supports both proximity and iCLASS cards, you must make the same changes for both configurations.
- Set the Strip leading bit count option to 0.
- Set the Strip trailing bit count option to 0.
- Make sure the Invert Wiegand bits option is selected.
- Click Write Active.