[KBA-00917] Unable to Enroll Pelco NET5301T Video Units
This article explains why users might not be able to enroll a previously used Pelco NET5301T unit .
When adding a Pelco NET5301T video unit to Security Center or Omnicast, and the unit has been used in the past, the enrollment fails with the following error message:
Unable to connect to the specified unit using the information provided
Upgrading the firmware or resetting to factory defaults does not fix the issue.
If the video unit was previously associated to a Pelco Endura IP Video Management system, a modified configuration file will prevent it from being added to Security Center or Omnicast.
The configuration files needs to be deleted and re-created before the unit can be added:
- Download Putty from gtap.genetec.com
- Use Putty to establish an ssh session with the unit
- Use username root and password pel2899100 to log into the video unit
- Delete the configuration file by running the following command at the prompt: rm /usr/local/Pelco/NET5301T/Private/Config.xml
- Reboot the unit by running the following command at the command prompt: reboot
- Re-enroll the NET5301T unit into Security Center