To prepare your Navtech radar system for integration with Security Center, you must configure specific settings.
Before you begin
What you should know
Navtech's Witness API can receive and generate data as XML over Ethernet. This enables the plugin to receive data about tracks and alarms and also to send commands. Navtech provides an Interface Control Document (ICD), which outlines the data reports and command instructions. Please contact Navtech Radar for more information.
- For a Navtech Radar system, deploy and configure their Witness software as documented on their website.
- Make sure that the radar device is configured in the Navtech Witness application and is operating as expected.
- Make sure that you have the Interface Control Document (ICD) and that it is compatible with the plugin.
- If your organization's network security policies require that the IP devices, routers, and switches in your network block unused ports, then make sure to open the TCP port that the RSA Surveillance plugin and Navtech radars use to communicate.
Take note of the following information, which you will need later to configure the plugin.
- IP address of the server that hosts Navtech Witness.
- TCP port used to communicate with the plugin.