If you want to reposition an OPTEX laser on a map, you must do so from the plugin role's Tracking system page.
Before you begin
- Confirm that the laser is configured and functioning properly.
- Create a georeferenced map in Security
For more information, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the OPTEX tracking system, then click the Properties tab.
In the Specific configuration section, do the following:
For lasers that have a field of view, set the following:
- Latitude and Longitude
- Enter the coordinates of the device. Coordinates are in decimal degrees using the World Geodetic System (WGS84) format. You can use a web site like https://www.latlong.net/ to find the coordinates of a specific civic address.
- With map
- To set the device's position using a map, select With map. In the Map list, choose a georeferenced map. From the map, zoom in and out as needed using the map controls. Click the map to place the device. After clicking the map, the Latitude and Longitude settings are updated with the coordinates from the map.
- If the device has a field of view, identify the physical orientation of the device using compass points. For example: If the device's field of view point towards true North, set the orientation to 0 degrees. You can use a compass to find the degrees. Or, select With map, click the green dot and drag it to the device's orientation.
- Detection area
- Specify the detection area of the device, as listed by the manufacturer.
- For example, the RLS2020S has a detection area of 95
degrees.Tip: If you find that the location of a target is consistently incorrect by small amounts, you can change the detection angle to improve the accuracy. From the tests done in our lab, setting an RLS2020S to 90 degrees resulted in the most accuracy.
- Refresh rate
- Specify how often detected targets are updated on the map. The minimum is 1 second (default), and the maximum is 5 seconds. If you have many targets, you might prefer that targets are refreshed on the map less often.
- Click Save.
- Click Apply.