To prepare your OPTEX lasers for integration with Security Center, you must configure specific settings.
Before you begin
- Make sure the OPTEX laser is operating as expected.
- Make sure the laser is compatible with the plugin.
What you should know
If your organization's network security policies require that the IP devices, routers, and switches in your network block unused ports, then make sure to open the TCP port that the RSA Surveillance plugin and OPTEX lasers use to communicate.
- From a web browser, log onto the OPTEX laser's configuration web page using the laser's IP address and user credentials.
Click Detection Configuration, and make sure that Detection Area is set to either Horizontal or Vertical.
The detection area must not be set to automatic.
Click Network Configuration, and then do the following:
- Set Transmission Mode to TCP.
- Set Destination IP Address to the IP address of the Security Center expansion server that runs the RSA Surveillance plugin.
- Choose a port number that is open and available.
- Take note of the port number. You will need it when you add this tracking system to Security Center.
- For OPTEX Redscan Mini lasers, click Network Options, and then set the Web Server Protocol to HTTP & HTTPS or HTTPS.