Before you can monitor your restricted areas in Security Center, you must add each SICK laser as a tracking system.
Before you begin
- Confirm that the lasers are configured and functioning properly.
- Confirm that the plugin role is configured and communicating with the tracking system.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of laser licenses is available from .
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity (), and then select Tracking system.
On the Tracking system information page
of the wizard, enter the following information:
- Select SICK.
- Enter a unique name for this tracking system.
Communication page, enter the following
- IP address
- The IP address of the laser.
- Click Test the connection to connect to the device. When the device responds to the test, the status is displayed as Online. If the device is Offline, you cannot add the device to the plugin.
On the RSA configuration page,
enter the following information:
- Turn on the custom events you want to monitor for this tracking
system.NOTE: You can modify this later on the Properties page of the tracking system.
The device is listed in the Area view entity tree.
Create RSA zones.