Before you can monitor your restricted areas from maps in Security Center, you must add the Quanergy lidars as a tracking system, using the Quanergy Qortex server that the lidars are connected to. This includes positioning the main lidar on a map and associating Quanergy events to custom events in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Confirm that the lidars are configured and functioning properly.
- Confirm that the plugin role is configured and communicating with the tracking system.
- Create a georeferenced map in Security
For more information, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of laser licenses is available from .
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity (), and then select Tracking system.
On the Tracking system information page
of the wizard, enter the following information:
- Select Quanergy.
- Enter a unique name for this tracking system.
- The model of device that is supported by the RSA Surveillance plugin.
Communication page, enter the following
- IP address
- The IP address of the Quanergy Qortex server that the lidars are connected to.
- Click Test the connection to connect to the device. When the device responds to the test, the status is displayed as Online. If the device is Offline, you cannot add the device to the plugin.
On the Specific configuration page, set the coordinates of
the main lidar of your Qortex server:
- Latitude and Longitude
- Enter the coordinates of the device. Coordinates are in decimal degrees using the World Geodetic System (WGS84) format. You can use a web site like https://www.latlong.net/ to find the coordinates of a specific civic address.
- With map
- To set the device's position using a map, select With map. In the Map list, choose a georeferenced map. From the map, zoom in and out as needed using the map controls. Click the map to place the device. After clicking the map, the Latitude and Longitude settings are updated with the coordinates from the map.
- If the device has a field of view, identify the physical orientation of the device using compass points. For example: If the device's field of view point towards true North, set the orientation to 0 degrees. You can use a compass to find the degrees. Or, select With map, click the green dot and drag it to the device's orientation.
On the RSA configuration page,
enter the following information:
- Import on map
- Select the map that you want to use to display the devices in Security Center.
- Turn on the custom events you want to monitor for this tracking
system.NOTE: You can modify this later on the Properties page of the tracking system.
The system and its devices are listed in the Area view entity tree.