You can configure Genetec Mission Control™ to automatically trigger incidents when an RSA Surveillance target is detected or created.
Before you begin
- Learn how to configure the Incident Manager role, as described in the Genetec Mission Control™ User Guide.
- Make sure that all entities (video cameras, LPR cameras, door sensors, alarm panels, zones, and so on) that can generate events in Security Center are configured. The Genetec Mission Control™ Rules Engine relies on these events to detect (trigger) incidents.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Incident configuration task.
- Click Incident, and enter the name of the incident type.
In the Identity page, configure the appearance of the incidents on maps (Icon and Color).
Genetec Mission Control™ entities share the same set of custom icons. You can use any PNG or JPG file as an icon. A PNG file with transparent background works best.
- Click the Properties tab, and configure the General properties and the Response and resolution time properties as required.
- Click the Recipients tab, and configure to whom incidents of this type should be dispatched. You can configure an advanced dispatch of incidents based on additional criteria such as user's assigned work area, schedule, online status and so on.
On the Triggers page, click
The Event qualifying rule dialog box opens.
Choose the RSA event type and event source that must occur to trigger
WARNING: Do not choose the RSA role as the source.IMPORTANT: Make sure that the selected event source matches the event type, or no event will qualify. For example, an RSA event must be matched with an RSA zone.
- In the When list, select either the Target created, Target detected, or RSA alert event.
- In the From list, select either Any source or choose an RSA zone.
If the incident can be triggered by different events, click the plus () button beside
Events to add more events.
You can also specify multiple event types and multiple sources. In the following example, the incident would be triggered when the Target created event occurs in Alarm zone 1 or when any Target detected event occurs in any zone (any source).
- (Optional) Click beside Conditions to add event correlation constraints.
A summary of your first event qualifying rule is displayed on the Triggers page.
(Optional) Click Add event to add more event qualifying
The event qualifying rules are evaluated in sequence by the Genetec Mission Control™ Rules Engine. The first rule must be satisfied before the second rule is evaluated. You can add as many rules as you need.CAUTION:For subsequent event qualifying rules, you can specify Previous source as the event source for your event qualifiers. If you do this, make sure that the event type you select is compatible with the event source, or no event will qualify. For example, an RSA event () can only occur in an RSA zone ().Tip: If you are not sure, select Specific source, and verify that the previous source is found in the list of available entities before changing it back to Previous source.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Workflow tab, and configure the workflow that defines the life cycle of the incident.
- Click the Procedure tab, and configure the standard operating procedure (SOP) that the operator must follow before resolving the incident.
Test your incident triggers and workflow. Train your response team on the standard operating procedures.