RSA zones are created to define the boundaries of a restricted area. When a tracking system reports an intrusion, the RSA Surveillance plugin only reports the events that match the coordinates of an armed RSA zone.
Before you begin
- Create a georeferenced map in Security Center.
- Create alarms in Security
Center.NOTE: To ensure that no alarm is missed for any target, you must set the alarm's Reactivation threshold to zero seconds.
- Add your tracking system to Security Center.
- Add IP cameras with a view of the tracking system in Security Center.
What you should know
- There are two parts to creating RSA zones: creating the RSA zone entity and defining the RSA zone on the map.
- If your tracking system has zones already defined in its management software, you can import those zones instead of creating them anew.
- After adding the tracking devices and RSA zones to Security Center, you will be able to see detected targets on Security Center maps.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Zones tab.
Click Add zone ().
The Add zone wizard opens.
- On the Zones page, select Create, and enter a name for the RSA zone.
Select the Type, and then click Next
- Horizontal RSA zones are represented as shapes on georeferenced Security Center maps.
- Vertical RSA zones are represented as shapes on image maps to add context to the location of detected intrusions.
- Vertical RSA zones are only used with tracking systems that support vertical mode.
On the Cameras page, click Add
The Select cameras dialog box opens.
Select the cameras that have a view of the restricted area the RSA zone
represents, and then click OK, then Next
NOTE: The first camera on the list is the one displayed when a target is detected in this RSA zone.
- For vertical RSA zones, configure the camera overlays.
- On the Schedules page, click Add schedule (), select one or more schedules to use for arming and disarming this RSA zone, click OK, and then click Next page ().
On the Alarm page, select the alarm to trigger when an
intrusion is detected, and then click Next page ().
The alarm selected for this RSA zone replaces the Default alarm on intrusion on the Zones page.
- On the Arm/disarm page, select events to trigger the RSA zone to be armed and disarmed, and the source entity of those events.
Click Finish, and then click
The new RSA zone is displayed in the list of zones.
- Define the RSA zone on the map.
The RSA zone is now associated to the area monitored by the tracking system. When the zone is armed, and the tracking system detects a target, the target appears on the map.
Configuring the behavior of RSA zones