To integrate your tracking system in Security Center, you must install the Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin on a Security Center expansion server and all client workstations.
What you should know
- Although it is possible to run the RSA Surveillance plugin on a server that hosts other Security Center roles, it is a best practice to install the plugin on a dedicated expansion server to ensure the availability of Security Center.
- To improve system availability, enable failover for the plugin server.
- Install the plugin on all of the Security Center client workstations from which you plan to monitor restricted security areas.
- Close all instances of Config Tool and Security Desk.
- Download the installation package for the plugin.
- Double-click the setup.exe file and follow the installation instructions in the wizard.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the plugin installation.