You can draw a zone on a map in Security Center and associate it with a zone from a tracking system. This task is required for Navtech radars, but is optional for SpotterRF radars.
Before you begin
- Security Center must have a geo-referenced map.
- The Restricted Security Area Surveillance plugin role must have at least one radar.
- The IP cameras from the tracking system must be in Security Center.
What you should know
- This task is required for Navtech Radar, but is optional for SpotterRF.
- A zone represents the perimeter of a restricted area.
- Zones are displayed as a colored area on the default Security Center map.
- After adding your radar and zones to Security Center, you will be able to see targets detected by the radar on Security Center maps.
- You can have multiple zones on a map linked to a single tracking system.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Zones tab.
- Click (Add) button.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the zone.
- Click > (Next).
- In Cameras, click (Add), find and select the cameras to associate with this zone, and then click OK.
Click Finish, and then click Apply.
The new zone is displayed on the selected map in the Security Desk Maps task.
- In Config Tool, open a map, and select the polygon shape drawing tool.
- Draw a shape on the map to define the area of the zone.
On the dashboard, in the RSA widget, select the zone.
The zone in Security Center is now associated to the area monitored by the radar.
Close the Map task, then re-open the Map task.
This step is required because of known issue 1022551.