After you add your Restricted Security Area Surveillance zones to Security Center, you can configure the colors of the zones, automatic disarming of zones, and the alarm and event that are triggered when an operator manually sends an alert.
Before you begin
- Add radars and zones to Security Center.
What you should know
- The zone is not armed, so nothing happens when a target is detected. By default, a disarmed zone shows as gray on a map.
- The zone is armed. When an intrusion is detected in the zone, the zone changes to an "alert" state. If configured to do so, when an intrusion is detected, an alarm and event-to-actions are triggered. By default, an armed zone shows as green on a map.
- The zone is in alert because an intrusion was detected. By default, a zone in alert shows as red on a map.
You can set all of your zones to disarm themselves after a period by setting the maximum arm time.
- Maximum arm time
- None: Zones remain armed until a user disarms them.
- Specified: Zones remain armed for the specified period. If there is an active target in the zone when it is disarmed, the zone remains in alert until the targets are acknowledged. Use this option when you want zones to disarm themselves automatically. For example, if you want zones to be armed during the night from 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 A.M., set the Maximum arm time to 16 hours.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the Restricted Security Area Surveillance role, and then click the Zones tab.
- Choose the color for disarmed zones. The default is gray.
- Choose the color for armed zones. The default is green.
- Choose the color for zones that are in alert. The default is red.
- To have zones automatically disarm themselves, set the Maximum arm time: click Specified, then enter a duration, where d = days, h = hours, m = minutes, and s = seconds.
- From the Alarm on alert list, choose the alarm that occurs when an intruder is detected in an armed zone. When this is configured, an alert button () is displayed in the target list.
- From the Event on alert list, choose the event that occurs when an intruder is detected in an armed zone. When this is configured, an alert button () is displayed in the target list.
- Click Apply.