When you first add the plugin, you need choose which entities to synchronize.
Before you begin
- Make sure that the plugin role is configured and connected to the AMAG Symmetry server.
- Read About importing AMAG Symmetry Credentials
What you should know
You need to choose which entities are imported. When you first add the plugin role, only devices are imported. So, if you want to import cardholders and visitors, and their credentials, you must turn synchronization on for them.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the AMAG Symmetry plugin from the entity browser, and then click the Synchronization tab.
- Set Automatically synchronize when connected to ON, so that synchronization starts every time the AMAG Symmetry proxy service establishes a connection with Symmetry SMS. This option is ON by default.
Choose the entities and properties to import.
- When this option is ON, the following entities are updated in real time:
You can also choose to enable or disable synchronization of Custom fields and Pictures if the Enabled toggle is On.
- Custom fields
- Set Custom fields to ON so that personal data from Symmetry SMS is imported as custom fields in Security Center. This setting is only available when the Cardholders setting is enabled.
- Set Pictures to ON so that the images associated to Symmetry cardholders are imported in Security Center. This setting is only available when the Cardholders setting is enabled.
- You can use your Symmetry credentials on readers (like CloudLink) in Security Center. Set Credentials to ON so that Symmetry cards are imported as credentials in Security Center. This setting is only available when the Cardholders setting is enabled.
- Choose the format that Security
Center will use for all of the credentials imported from your Symmetry system. NOTE: If the format you need is not in the list, you can create a new custom card format in Config Tool from the General settings view in the Access control task. See Creating custom card formats.
- Include customer code
- If the format of your Symmetry credentials includes the customer code, then set Include customer code to ON.
- When this option is enabled, the following entities are updated in real time:
NOTE: Events and alarms are always synchronized in real time.
- Intrusion detection areas