The AMAG Symmetry plugin integrates AMAG Symmetry access control systems with Security Center.
- AMAG Symmetry plugin
- The plugin is a software package installed on a Security
Center expansion server. It is also installed on all Security
Center client workstations from which you want to control AMAG
Symmetry entities. The plugin expansion server allows the following:
- Creation of the AMAG Symmetry plugin role in Security Center.
- Synchronization of access control entities, alarms, and events from the proxy service to Security Center.
- Transmission of alarm acknowledgments and commands to the proxy service.
- AMAG Symmetry server
- The AMAG
Symmetry server runs the following:
- AMAG Symmetry Security Management Software (Symmetry SMS)
- AMAG Symmetry XML Open Integration Module
- Genetec Security Center Symmetry Plugin Proxy Service
- Genetec Security Center Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Security Center proxy
- The Genetec Security Center Symmetry Plugin Proxy Service is a separate software package installed on the AMAG
Symmetry server. The proxy service acts as a bridge between the AMAG
Symmetry server and the AMAG
Symmetry plugin, and allows the following:
- Synchronization of access control entities, alarms, and events from AMAG Symmetry to the AMAG Symmetry plugin.
- Use of a local cache to store the entities, alarms, and events received from the AMAG Symmetry system until the plugin requests them.
- Transmission of alarm acknowledgments and commands to the AMAG Symmetry system.
- Security Center SDK
- The Security Center Software Development Kit (SDK) is required for the proxy to log AMAG Symmetry alarms and events. The version number of the SDK must match the version number of Security Center installed on the plugin server.