The Security Center SDK and the Genetec Security Center Symmetry Plugin Proxy Service must be running on the AMAG Symmetry server so that the plugin can communicate with the AMAG Symmetry system.
Before you begin
- Make sure that the AMAG Symmetry server runs a compatible version of Symmetry SMS and the Symmetry XML Open Integration Module.
- Make sure that the license of your AMAG Symmetry system supports a client connection from the proxy service. For more information, see your AMAG Symmetry documentation.
- Get a user name and password for logging on to Symmetry SMS. This user account must have the permissions listed in Configuring Symmetry SMS.
What you should know
- The SDK must be installed before the proxy service.
- The version of the SDK must match the version of Security Center installed on the plugin server.
- Download the SDK from the GTAP Product Download page.
- Extract the files.
- In the package, double-click the setup.exe file, and follow the installation instructions.
Install the proxy service.
When the proxy is installed, Genetec Security Center Symmetry Plugin Proxy Service is listed in the Services tab of Windows Task Manager.
- Download the AMAG Symmetry installation package from the GTAP Product Download page.
- In the package, browse to the AmagSymmetryProxy folder.
- Double-click the setup.exe file, and follow the installation instructions.