In the Analytics section of the Sharp Portal Configuration page, you can configure the analytics used for the license plates read by the Sharp.
- Select which plates the Sharp will be reading.
- Read plate state
- Select this option if you want the Sharp unit to attempt to read the license plate
origin (issuing state, province, or country). NOTE: Plate state recognition may not be possible for all plates.
- Read vehicle make
- Select this option if you want the Sharp unit to attempt to read the vehicle’s make from the brand or logo (Honda, Toyota, and so on).
- Estimate vehicle speed
- (For fixed Sharps only) Select this option if you
want the Sharp unit to attempt to estimate
a vehicle’s speed based on multiple captures of the license plate. The longer a
vehicle is in the Sharp’s field of view, the more accurate the estimate will
- Enabling this option automatically calibrates the Sharp for speed estimation, so you must enable it only after the Sharp has been properly installed and aligned.
- If you move or re-position the Sharp after the initial installation, you must click Calibrate to re-calibrate the Sharp.
- You can add the vehicle speed as an annotation field in Security Center in order to query for it in Security Desk reports.
- Vehicle speed estimation may not be possible in all situations.
- Give a confidence score for reads
- Assigns a numerical value (from 0 to 100) to each license plate read. This value tells you how confident the Sharp is in the accuracy of the read. You can configure Genetec Patroller™ to display the score with all reads and hits, and you can add the score as an annotation field in Security Center in order to query for it in Security Desk reports.
- Optimize for fixed installation
- The system will consider that the camera and the scene are fixed in order to reduce the number of false positive hits.