You can configure the Sharp to send LPR data to an FTP server instead of to Genetec Patroller™ or Security Center. LPR data that is sent to an FTP server can then be integrated by third-party applications.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
Go to the Configuration page.
- Under Extension, select Ftp as the Extension type.
Configure the following:
- Enter the FTP server name and location for the LPR data. You’ll need the server name, port number (if different than the standard FTP server port 21), and the name of the folder. For example, ftp://<ServerName>:<PortNumber>/<FolderNameOnServer>/.
- Enter the username for the FTP server.
- Enter the password for the FTP server.
- Time server
- Enter the URL of a known time server (for example, time.windows.com). The Sharp clock will be synced with this server on startup and then every 24 hours.
- LPR data is sent in XML format, using the template shown. You can change certain elements if you choose.
- Upload context image
- Export the context image (in JPEG format).
- Upload LPR image
- Send the plate image (in JPEG format).
- Click Save.