In the Network settings section of the Sharp Portal Configuration page, you can configure the Sharp's network settings.
- Click Edit, select a network setting mode
from the drop-down list, and then click Save. You can select
one of the following modes:
- Select this option if a DHCP server is available on the same network and you want it to assign an IP address to the Sharp. When you are on a DHCP server with DNS capability, you will be able to connect to the Sharp using the Sharp name (for example, Sharp1234) rather than the IP address (for example, 22.214.171.124).
- This is the default state of the Sharp, and is used in most situations. The default static IP addresses for the Sharps are:126.96.36.199 (Sharp); 188.8.131.52 (SharpX SBC1); 184.108.40.206 (SharpX SBC2).
- IP address
- Enter the new IP address you want to assign to the Sharp unit.
- Subnet mask
- If you changed the subnet when selecting a new static IP address, enter the new subnet mask.
- Enter the gateway.
- Reserved range (SharpX systems only)
- This setting changes dynamically depending on the static IP address you enter in the Mode section. It will automatically reserve up to ten IP addresses in sequence depending on the type of system you have.
Example: If you have a SharpX system that includes an X2S/X2SU LPR Processing Unit with four camera units installed, you will need ten IP addresses to account for all the components. If you enter a static IP of 192.168.12.34, you will get the following range:
- Single Board Computer 1 (SBC1)
- Single Board Computer 2 (SBC2).
- Genetec Video Processor 1 (GVP1)
- Genetec Video Processor 2 (GVP2)
- Camera Unit 1 (CAMU1)
- Camera Unit 2 (CAMU2)
- Processing Unit Management Controller (MPU)
- Camera Unit 3 (CAMU3)
- Camera Unit 4 (CAMU4)
- Navigation (NAV)
- For SharpX X2S/X2SU systems, the offset (SBC1 or SBC2) is taken into account by the range. This means you only need to set the static IP address once (for SBC1 or SBC2). The system will know if you are configuring SBC2 instead of SBC1, and will reserve one address below to be assigned to SBC1 (192.168.12.34) so the IP range remains consistent.
- The "NAV" IP address only applies to LPR Processing Units that include the AutoVu Navigation Option.