For installations that include multiple Sharp cameras, the Syslog feature allows you to configure a central repository for all Sharp log entries.
Before you begin
- You will need a Syslog server that is accessible by the Sharp camera.
What you should know
- The syslog feature supports the RFC 5424 architecture.
- Whether you use the syslog feature or not, Sharp logs will be available in Sharp Portal's Diagnostics page.
- Log on to the Sharp Portal.
- Click the Configuration page.
- Select the Use syslog checkbox .
- In the Server field, enter the address and port of the syslog server (server:port).
- From the Network Protocol drop-down, select UDP or TCP.
- Click Save.