In the Actions section of the Sharp Portal Status page, you can restart the Sharp, update the SharpOS, change the password of the Sharp, and so on.
- Reboot Sharp
- Click to reboot the Sharp unit. You will be asked to confirm reboot. If you reboot the Sharp, you will lose connection to the Sharp Portal. Wait a few minutes for the Sharp to reboot, and then refresh the Web page to log on again.
- File versions
- Displays the version of the various services running on the Sharp. You can use this information to confirm that your Sharp is up to date.
- Click to update the SharpOS. You will be asked to provide a file that contains updates for the following: Sharp firmware; Plate Reader; Updater Service; Web Updater.
- Change password
- Click to change the password you use to log on to the
Portal.Best Practice: You should always change the default password after you log on for the first time, especially if you configure the Sharp for HTTPS encryption. For more information on using HTTPS encryption, see the Security settings section of the Configuration page.
- Show Extension details
- When you have an extension configured, this will display information about that extension’s status. For more information, see the Extension section of the Configuration page.
- Free space on the disk
- Click to free up space on the disk.IMPORTANT: All reads and log files will be deleted.
- Configure the other unit
- If you are connected to a SharpX system with an X2S/X2SU LPR Processing Unit, this opens a new Sharp Portal window so you can configure the SBC (single board computer) that controls the other SharpX camera unit.